Steven S. Siegel
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Worker’s Compensation
- Criminal Defense
As a founding partner of Heidepriem, Purtell, Siegel & Hinrichs, LLP, Steve's law practice continues to grow. He has been in practice for 19 years and handles various types of cases including personal injury, medical malpractice, worker's compensation, and criminal defense.
Steve is committed to helping his clients any way that he can.Steve was born and raised in Aberdeen, South Dakota. He graduated from the University of South Dakota in 1993, then attended law school at the University of South Dakota and graduated in 2000. While in law school, Steve was a member of the Moot Court Board and Trial Team. During his second year of law school, Steve and his partners advanced to the final round of the New York Bar Association Moot Court Tournament in New York City.
Following his graduation from law school, Steve joined the law firm of Lynn, Jackson, Shultz & Lebrun, P.C. in Sioux Falls. Steve became a partner in the firm in 2005. In January of 2011, Steve joined the Johnson, Heidepriem law firm as a partner before helping found Heidepriem, Purtell and Siegel, LLP in 2015.
Steve is a certified National Football League contract advisor and served as President of the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association.
Steve is listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. He was also named a Great Plains "Super Lawyer" 2011 - 2018 and a "Litigation Star" by Chambers USA. In 2011, Steve received the Toast of the Trial Lawyers Award which is an award given annually by the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association to those attorneys who merit special recognition for their work.
Steve and his wife, Micah, have three children - Sydney, Sam, and Sophie.
Steve's e-mail address is [email protected] Steve can also be reached by calling the law firm directly.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: Finalist, 1998 New York Association National Moot Court Tournament
- Honors: 1998 American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellence in Advocacy
- Honors: 1999 Alan Bogue Moot Court Award
- Honors: 2000 American Bar Association Outstanding Advocate Award
- University of South Dakota
- B.S. - 1993
- South Dakota, 2000
- Best Lawyers in America in the areas of medical malpractice and personal injury litigation
- Great Plains “Super Lawyer” 2011 – 2018 and a “Litigation Star” by Chambers USA
- Toast of the Trial Lawyers Award
- Lynn, Jackson, Shultz & Lebrun, P.C. in Sioux Falls, Partner, 2005
- Second Judicial Circuit, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of South Dakota, Member
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
Current Employment Position