Honest. Smart. Committed.
Matthew has been a lawyer at HPS Law Firm since August of 2018. Matthew practices in all areas of litigation in both South Dakota state and federal court.
Matthew is a South Dakota native and grew up in Sturgis, South Dakota. He attended college at the University of South Dakota where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in economics and political science in 2011. In 2010, Matthew was named South Dakota's Harry S. Truman Scholar in recognition of his commitment to public service. After graduating from USD, Matthew spent two years in Pierre as a Utility Analyst for the South Dakota Public Utilities Commission.
After working for the PUC, Matthew began law school at New York University School of Law, where he was a Root-Tilden-Kern scholar. While in law school, Matthew worked as a student fellow for the Center on the Administration of Criminal Law, whose mission is to promote good government practices in criminal matters. Matthew also enrolled at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and graduated in 2017 with his J.D. from NYU and a Master's in Public Administration from the Kennedy School in 2017.
Following law school, Matthew had the privilege to serve as a law clerk to the Honorable Roberto A. Lange, Federal District Judge for the District of South Dakota. Matthew joined Heidepriem, Purtell, Siegel & Hinrichs in August of 2018.
Outside of work, Matthew enjoys traveling, spending time with friends and family, and exploring the Sioux Falls community.
Matthew's e-mail address is [email protected] Matthew can also be reached by calling the law firm directly.
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Root-Tilden-Kern scholar
- Honors: Student fellow for the Center on the Administration of Criminal Law
- University of South Dakota
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2011
- Honors: South Dakota’s Harry S. Truman Scholar, 2010
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science
- Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Master’s in Public Administration - 2017
- South Dakota Public Utilities Commission, Utility Analyst
- Honorable Roberto A. Lange, Federal District Judge for the District of South Dakota, Law Clerk
Current Employment Position